Advice on transferring tanks?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did they get wet

Unfortunately yes, they were all on and I had no control panel, then they started blinking and freaking out, now the white lights stay on but the blue lights won't do anything at all

Well try putting in dried rice as takes the water out it works with phones and mp3 so worth a try

Well try putting in dried rice as takes the water out it works with phones and mp3 so worth a try

it's in it now while i'm at work. i was fooling with it last night and then they stopped working all together.

Im also going to try and see if i can do a warranty claim or something.

it's annoying enough loosing money through live stock but when your hardware breaks.. urgh :banghead:

Hope it works for you as it's a pain when things break. Yeah there's always something to buy or get lol

I want get new crushed coral for sand bed for new tank but guy for shop says don't need to wash it as its live and good for tank but when used it before it made water cloudy so is there way to stop this as dont want to wait around for water to settle

We used a mixture of some really fine live sand i bought off someone breaking down their tank, and we had some pretty coarse crushed coral.

It's day 3 of our 55 transfer and it has just now started settling.

The only thing i can think of would be to slowly cup by cup add the crushed coral to your sand bed maybe over the course of 2-3 days, a cup every few hours and pour it slow and gentle on top of your sand bed.

I want to add more crushed coral to mine too and i think that's probably what we will do.

I'm not going use old stuff so need do whole tank with new and add few cups of old stuff just don't want cloudy tank with fish in

Well got new tank and so far put sand in and filled most of water just waiting for it to settle as cloudy knew I should of wash it little but stuff I got had a mixer with it that's suppose to speed it up and got some Caribbean live sand this time and not crushed coral as guy says better for tank

woohoo!

Are you cycling from scratch or are you just swapping tanks?

Was planning swapping tanks but just have to wait till cloudy settles. I've filled it just below the overflow bit but not running sump yet as need use water from old tank

Well I've done it and so far so good only lost a crab and snail so hopes that's it now. I left water to settle for a week as kicked up a lot of sand when filled up. Only bad thing was didn't plan it good and took me most of day but look good, now just need lot more rock then start looking at corals

Cheers, it's first time done sump so what's best way do water changes, like from top of tank or from sump. Will I have to clean parts of the sump

Yay for success!

We have a sump and building the fuge now out of a 20g.

We always do out water change from the dt

Cheers, how bout cleaning sump as my main part has drip tray above the bottom of sump were water flows through to return pump as my rock and cheato sits on it and bits of stuff go through the holes in tray and sit at bottom

Are you just using rock and cheato?
I have rock and chaeto under my bio balls.

I don't think you clean the bio balls, but I do have some degree gathering on the bottom of mine as well, I have only had the tank 3 months so I haven't even wondered that!

Anyone else have advice on that?

Yeah just rock and cheato as don't like bio balls will just keep eye on and clean if gets to much

Well I now got sock on pipe so can just clean them but I'm going clean out the crap on bottom if gets to much

Back
Top Bottom