after much dedating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pokmijn

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok so after much debating on leaving the hobby i couldn't so i decided to go all out on equipments here what i have order a bit ago:

6 stage ro/di since it was only 95.00 on ebay
top off system
coral vue 14k matel halide bulbs

and i would like to get a good skimmer since i was only running a cpr. suggestiongs?

and any other things you guys think will help me out.

how long to you guys think i will take my tank will get to good condition as i was just using tap water for almost a year. and could not keep any sps due to high phosphate.

Using RO/DI water will help alot. What was happening that was discouraging you?

Using RO/DI water will help alot. What was happening that was discouraging you?

just that i didn't have a auto top off so i was hard to maintain and i keep getting algae after algae even after i cut down lights and what i really want is to keep sps and my water quality just wont let me... so i already taken down my lights and was about to take down the whole thing and just decide to keep freshwater but i just couldn't go back to fresh water so i decided to just buy the right equipment and take my time.

right now my level are ok
ammonia - o
nitrite - 0
nitrate - 40
ph - 8.4
temp - 81 always
sg - 1.025
and my phosphate off the chart.

even my zoas dont look nice when i get them they have nice longs skirts within a week the skirts will go away and sps will only last couple of days so hopefully after i get all my stuff things will go smoothly

is there anything else you guys suggest me get before i run out of cash.

I think you named it. the RODI unit and a protein skimmer will be a huge help. Something you can look into later is running some sort of carbon

It wouldn't hurt, but the RODI unit is much more important. Tap water and successful saltwater tank do not go hand in hand

I have experienced that myself that is the only reason why i order the ro/di unit.

I guess i was lucky... i ordered my ro/di off ebay before i started the hobby as far as the salt tank goes... i knew what i was getting myself into lol

yeah i would have to say if someone is gonna start this hobby buy the right equipment first or they will pay later and once you start there is no way of quitting.

Pheric oxide will help your system a whole bunch!!

i have no idea what pheric oxide is but ill look into it...one question would it be better for me to just start all over when i get my ro/di unit or just do big water change the reason i ask is because im gonna be switching to sand too so i think it would be better to just change everything since my lr is already cured so that should speed up the process too right?...

He means iron oxide or GFO...Granuated Ferric Oxide, this is used to bring your PO3 down.

so my ro/di unit arrived and hooked up leaks everywhere but some teflon tape fixed it all also picked up the two little fishies phosphate reactor and some activated carbon i will run all these and see how it works out. still looking for a skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom