aged water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceanicsublimat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have my aged seawater that I made up in a covered container so nothing can get in it... It smells kinda sour would it be ok to use this water.. I believe that the smell is coming from the condensation on the walls of the container..

ok.. thanks.. it just smelled a little sour..I had used it before but was just wondering if it was bad.. I think I'l just mix up just enough water for one water change next time..

How long has it been sitting? I can get stagnant just sitting without a PH. I've left water mixing for a week or two, but always with PH & heater on it. Never in a container still. I keep my RO/DI in 5g jugs with lids on them.

Also, this was a new container, purchased for the sole purpose of mixing/aging SW right? You should never re-use stuff. Hard to say what chemicals could have leeched into it, especially plastic tubs/buckets.

that's right.. I bought it for making the water.. My cousin and her baby were staying over here while her husband was away and I had the cover over it while they were here for about a week..I'd crack it every now and again and turned the pump on to circulate the water during the day and at night turn it off..

Back
Top Bottom