Aggressive clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

needmorecowbell

Aquarium Advice Addict
My true perc clown has been extremely aggressive to my hand when I move a frag around or mess with rockwork. He tries to literally bite off my fingers. Is there any way to get this little guy to calm down?!? I might have to turn him in and get another if not..

needmorecowbell said:
My true perc clown has been extremely aggressive to my hand when I move a frag around or mess with rockwork. He tries to literally bite off my fingers. Is there any way to get this little guy to calm down?!? I might have to turn him in and get another if not..

I have a pair if true percs and mine are nippy too. Kinda scares ya if ur not ready for it. Lol

Not sure if there is a way to really "calm" him down. They are just being territorial. True percs are more on the aggressive side, so it doesn't really surprise me. I doubt they will ever calm down. If you encroach on their territory, they will defend it.

Lol, I freak out. The first time it happened, I got like a gallon of water on the floor. I guess I'll just be scared then.

needmorecowbell said:
Lol, I freak out. The first time it happened, I got like a gallon of water on the floor. I guess I'll just be scared then.

Its gonna sound weird, and probably mean but, chase him with ur finger. Mine used to be really bad and now hes more curious of my hand than aggressive.

Yep, my mom thinks I'm crazy because I ended up begging my Fish not to bite me while I'm fragging my acro.

Thank you for this thread I found it VERY entertaining LMAO :)

I can picture everyone that gets a clown standing at there tanks chasing a little fish laughing in a evil laugh saying " I'm gonna get you mahahanahaha" "you'll never bite me again you little nemo" LMAO

Lol. No problem. I was hoping people would have the same problem as me and that I'm not psychotic, and I found out I was right. I think he should be grateful, I do feed him anyway. I brought that up in my argument with him a few minutes ago lol.

The female in my ocellaris pair does that to me too. Like Zer0 said, I think it's just a territorial thing. I also saw her a few days bumping at a dwarf cerith that had camped out on 'her' rock arch and was amazed to see her then pick it up and dump it in the sand! I so wish I'd got a video of it.

lol mine has done that with way too many frags of mine. i ended up posting an ad on craigslist for it. i hate to see it go, but i just cant have it being this aggressive to my hand. its been making me bleed recently lol. i only have 2 fish in my 30 gallon tank now and i am really going to need to start buying some "happier" fishies.

Back
Top Bottom