agressive fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I just added a spotted grouper to my tank yesterday. I woke up this morning and found that my grouper ate my yellowhead jawfish which I thought was going to be safe since it was the same size as the grouper. I have 6 other blue-green chromis and a huge corral banded shrimp in the tank and i wanted to know if they are safe with the grouper in the tank? If they are not, what species of fish do you guys recommend for this tank, because i really want to keep the grouper. I also have a few polyps and xenia's and i dont want any fish that will eat them.

thanks alot

The Spotted Grouper, also known as the Whitespotted Grouper, Summan Grouper, or Speckled Fin Grouper, has a dark brown to black body marked by white polka-dots.

A 70 gallon or larger aquarium is required due to its size and feeding habits. It is an extremely aggressive fish and may eat tank mates as well as crustaceans.

The Spotted Grouper prefers a diet of meaty foods such as krill, shrimp, and other small fish.

I got this from www.liveaquaria.com they have information on quite a few fish. This is one of the sources I use before purchasing new fish.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom