Agressive Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

regaltang

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just purchased a dwarf halfblack angel and my Yellow Tang keeps chasing/swiping his tail at the dwarf. :( is this natural behavior for the Tang? The Tang has been the King of the tank for a while and gets along just nicely with the other fish ( 2 clowns) :D
Thanks.

That is exactly how my yellow tang responded when I added my flame angle. Eventually the flame got sick of the crap, and gave the tang a few good bites. After that they pretty much left eachother alone.

The tang is establishing dominance, depending on how aggressive the tang is, it could be over in a day or so, or it could continue.

I have also a Yellow Tang and people can say that there not aggressive but they are from my experience. I introduced a pearledscale butterfly to my 58 and they just kep going at it until the point they both got ich. Be very careful and contain the tang if possible. HTH

In my experience, all Tangs except for the Naso are very aggressive and will usually bring a bout of Ick into the tank from their aggressiveness towards new tankmates.

I too have had this problem with adding fish to a tank with tang what has worked for me in the past is placing one of the little two and a hlf gallon critter keeper tanks in the main tank and putting the aggresive tang in it for thee or four days then releasing it keeping an eye on it for a while if its behavior continues put it back in for a few more days also try to rearange aquascaping to make it nutral to both fish.

Back
Top Bottom