Ahh! Algea overload!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TmeLrd11

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I just got back from an 8 day vacation and my tank has been overrun by algae of many types. The most of it is hair algae which I've never really had a problem with. I left a detailed list for the family member who was taking care of it so I'm not sure where it went wrong. I was just curious how to go about cleaning it all. I am assuming water change of like 30% of the water. Is it best to take my live rock out and scrub it in ro/di water? I can take my filter and power heads out and scrub pretty easy too. All my fish seem fine it just don't want to stress them during cleaning.

Clean the rock in the old tank water (from a PWC) Dont use RO/DI or fresh as it will kill the bacteria thats living on/in the rock

Clean the rock in the old tank water (from a PWC) Dont use RO/DI or fresh as it will kill the bacteria thats living on/in the rock

Thanks! Had no clue ro/di could do that. It's easy enough to fill a few buckets with tank water during pwc too. Thanks for all the help guys!

Back
Top Bottom