AHHHHHH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dansemacabre

Aquarium Advice Freak
So while I was preparing some stuff for the tank, I noticed something odd in the silicone. It's a crack in the glass. I couldn't believe it. It's been less than 8 months since I've had it, and I'm hoping the manufacturer will get me a new one, as their warranty says they should. D@$% How on earth could that happen. I'm so mad right now. Just had to vent.

Most manufact warrenty only protects the tank from cracks like...30 days or 60 days after purchas..

Fortunately the manufacturer I bought it from guarantees it from defects (the only exclusion being anything resulting from unlevel stand stress) for a year after the purchase date. This is behind silicone on the inside, so it must've started as a hairline fracture. If they won't/can't ($^#$^$@^$#@) my buddy owns the LFS, and he could order me a new one at wholesale...this time with built-in overflows. But I really hope I don't have to do that.

Fortunately the manufacturer I bought it from guarantees it from defects (the only exclusion being anything resulting from unlevel stand stress) for a year after the purchase date.
They should replace it without problems.. The only issure I had was a long time ago and I believe it was All-Glass that I had the issue with and they replaced it very quickly If I remember correctly.. I was in FW at the time so it wasnt too hard to Swap..

James

Are you totally, absolutely sure it is a crack? Lots of times little strings of silicone and stuff like that looks like a crack...

blah.... cracks are no fun. :(

Check to make 100% sure it is a fer-sher crack though.

Oh it is. It's like a windshield chip...and it looks as though it's spreading. In that butterfly fashion that windshield craks do. It also looks like there was the hairline fracture there before...because there's a small gap in the silicone on the inside. I'm hoping they'll replace it. It's empty at present, and the light hit it and caught my eye. I can get a new one, and as mentioned, this time with overflows in it...but that's a lot of money, and I'd much rather not spend it twice. -sigh- This sucks.

Hey, thank God it is empty, I had visions of you transfering the contents of your tank. :D

While that IS a plus...I'm not exactly in a thankful mood. Being pessimistic, I'm envisioning shelling out $340 I don't have to spend on a tank...to spend on a tank. :-\

Back
Top Bottom