Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-22-2012, 03:25 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

hey, do you have any pictures of your tank that you can post? what did you end up doing about lighting? whats in it now?

Old 01-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Freak

My first pics. Not much to show. Not having my stand yet is really holding me up. I got a 6 bulb t5 off ebay. Ive only been running 3 bulbs though. My camera on my phone sux so the pic looks kinda dark and its a lot more blue in person. Its two blue and one white light. I just set up this temporary sump with a quiet one 4000 return, so the 1000gph return has blown a crater in my sand. Right now ive just got the clown, a nassarius, and a hermit. I had three hermits and three nassarius. I think i lost the other ones because ive been gone for days at a time a few times and had a faulty heater. So with the temp and salinity swings i lost a few inverts. But i got my reefkeeper now so it should be a lot more smooth even if gone for a little bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2044471635.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	72537  

Old 01-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

I think my clown is mated with his reflection. Lol. Ever since i put the new light on he never leaves that wall and just swims against the current right next to his reflection. He really needs some tankmates.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1390298859.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	72539   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2767481243.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	72541  

Old 01-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just found another crab. But one hermit and one snail definately died. I think two nassarius died though cause i sank some pellets last night and only one came out to eat em.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #35
AA Team Emeritus

Following along to see how it comes together.

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Wy Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAhner View Post
My first pics. Not much to show. Not having my stand yet is really holding me up. I got a 6 bulb t5 off ebay. Ive only been running 3 bulbs though. My camera on my phone sux so the pic looks kinda dark and its a lot more blue in person. Its two blue and one white light. I just set up this temporary sump with a quiet one 4000 return, so the 1000gph return has blown a crater in my sand. Right now ive just got the clown, a nassarius, and a hermit. I had three hermits and three nassarius. I think i lost the other ones because ive been gone for days at a time a few times and had a faulty heater. So with the temp and salinity swings i lost a few inverts. But i got my reefkeeper now so it should be a lot more smooth even if gone for a little bit.

how do you like the light? have a link to it? i found a couple cheap ones on ebay. less than 200 but i dont know if they are really worth it if they are too cheaply made.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak

Those r probably the same one I got. I only paid $155 shipped. I really like it especially for the price. I'm sure the bulbs r really low quality, but the higher priced fixtures r twice the price with no bulbs. The only obvious things to me r there's not individual reflectors, no built in fans, only one power cord. It's got a built in timer and you can run three of the bulbs on separate timers. The only problem with that is it's the three back bulbs on one timer and the three front ones on the other timer. So you can't run all blues on one and all white on the other and have them evenly distributed throughout the fixture. For the reflector like I said their not individual but it is bent kinda like they are and pretty dang reflective. I was actually pretty impressed with it. It is a lot more reflective than the over $200 4 bulb marineland I bought a few years ago. And as far as the built in fans go I actually kind like not having them, cause this thing is virtually silent. Oh yea I'm pretty sure their actual website is sunslighting.com, but for some reason they don't have the 36" listed. Oh and the moonlights r really bright. I like them a lot.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

thanks. ive been apprehensive about them. how about the quality of the rest of it?
Old 01-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would say it's pretty decent. I only plan on using mine for about two years or so. Then I'm going led. I'm pretty confident it will hold up that amount of time at least.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well I went to my lfs today hoping to buy an lps but they didn't have any frags I liked. So I ended up with two sps. Kinda sux. Hopefully it works out for me. I guess it's not that big a deal though cause if it does I'm pretty much going all sps. I'll post pics in a few.

Tags
build, reef, reef build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com