Ahner's 40B reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its my first system so im a total noob with these i figure a 6 stage is bell and whistle enough for me ! Comes with a float valve and what not, might resell it, my tanks only 40 gallons lol i could fill mine twice running the system for a day lol

You might not need the float valve, unless you have something to store the water in. But you are going to need good RO/DI water not just RO, it will help with any algae problems later down the road. Won't have them!!

Yeah i dont need the float valve, im going to install the unit in my bathroom on the outside of the vanity :) just to show it off to whoever sits on my toilet! Ahah! Im really excited! Im doing extra water changes with the gallons i bought from the grocers just to use em up !! I never really had much algae, as long as i scrubbed the glass every other day lol

Good call, thanks! I just got some new coral as well :)

Do duncan heads sometimes split or do they just sprout new ones? A couple of heads on mine are becoming really oval shaped and kinda look like their going to split.

Man aiptasia is crazy. I just found a head of it about a foot away from either of the frags I got. Im assuming it came from the frags. I had good luck a few years ago with a couple peppermint shrimp knocking out a bad infestation. Hope it works again. I was hoping to get some pods, well that backfired...lol

My skimmate is rediculous right now. This is after one day. Its so black.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130307_140330.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130307_140330.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 66
Running biopellets and dosing nopox... they can cause your skimmer to go nutz. But I think its from most of my diatoms dying off

Back
Top Bottom