Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #71
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Glad to hear! I added another smaller hob filter with nothing in it for added water circulation, i am now saving to buy either the jbj duo wavemaker kit or the vortech mp10

Old 02-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #72
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea im gonna try to get a vortech next month too. But I also really need a controller, because im somtimes gone for days at a time, so that will probably be first.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #73
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well the biopellets seem to working pretty darn good. I started dosing nopox last saturday and wasn't really seeing any drop, if anything it was slowly raising for the next week. Im thinking it wasn't all that effective on its own because I only have about 40lbs barely live rock because it was dry, this is a new tank, and I have no sand. And yes I know I only gave it a week by itself, so I'm not downing it. I'm sure by itself its a great product, and I've continued and still will continue to use it. But anways since I've added the biopellets (just over two days) my nitrate have gone from probably about 15 to about 5. It's a combination of the pellets and nopox, pretty darn impressive though. I've just been using an api kit so the result aren't super accurate, but I haven't needed them to be. Once it bottoms out on the api kit, probably tomorrow, ill start using my red sea kit. Then I will start tweeking the flow rate, or maybe even modding the reactor to be recirculating, so I don't strip the tank of all no and po. I'm very impressed with this combo right now.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #74
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well the biopellets seem to working pretty darn good. I started dosing nopox last saturday and wasn't really seeing any drop, if anything it was slowly raising for the next week. Im thinking it wasn't all that effective on its own because I only have about 40lbs barely live rock because it was dry, this is a new tank, and I have no sand. And yes I know I only gave it a week by itself, so I'm not downing it. I'm sure by itself its a great product, and I've continued and still will continue to use it. But anways since I've added the biopellets (just over two days) my nitrate have gone from probably about 15 to about 5. It's a combination of the pellets and nopox, pretty darn impressive though. I've just been using an api kit so the result aren't super accurate, but I haven't needed them to be. Once it bottoms out on the api kit, probably tomorrow, ill start using my red sea kit. Then I will start tweeking the flow rate, or maybe even modding the reactor to be recirculating, so I don't strip the tank of all no and po. I'm very impressed with this combo right now.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #75
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Glad to hear its working! Im going to be buying my ro system soon
Old 02-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #76
Aquarium Advice Freak

What kind are you going to get?
Old 02-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #77
Aquarium Advice FINatic

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....:X:AAQ:CA:1123
thats the one i got. i paid 140$ altogether 6 stage !
Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #78
Aquarium Advice FINatic

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....:X:AAQ:CA:1123
thats the one i got. i paid 140$ altogether 6 stage !
Old 02-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #79
Aquarium Advice Freak

Nice. I just got a really cheap one right now. I add a water conditioner too to be safe. The next one I get I'm going to spend the extra money and get all the bells and whistles like automated flushes, pressure guages, and tds meters.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #80
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Its my first system so im a total noob with these i figure a 6 stage is bell and whistle enough for me ! Comes with a float valve and what not, might resell it, my tanks only 40 gallons lol i could fill mine twice running the system for a day lol

Tags
build, reef, reef build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com