AI Sol Blue schedule and intensities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadSneak

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got an AI fixture (Sol Blue) .. I've been doing some research on the intensity of the unit. I'm still a bit not sure on what schedule and intensity should I go with. My tank is 30 inches high and I mainly have zoa poly, soft corals, some lps.

Any advice and suggestions will help.. thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would start off at between 30-50% and see how your coral reacts. If they start stretch out then you need to turn it up, if they won't open then you may have to turn it down. Just make sure you go in smaller increments like 2-3% at a time to avoid jumping from one extreme to another.

Thanks for the info @kdpuffer

As far as schedule I run mine from about 11am till 9pm with blues only or the first and last hour. You should have the ability to ramp up and down the lights so here's how I set mine up. My blues start first at 11 brightening every half hour till about 1230-100. At noon my whites kick on low and start to slowly ramp up also till about 1230-100. Then at about 7 it starts dimming down in the reverse order of the morning with whites at 0% at 8pm and blues at 0% at 9pm. I run mine currently with a max of 25% on whites and 50% on blues.

Awesome!
How's your coral grow rate, coloration and are you keeping any SPS considering that the intensity of your white lights is low? Thanks @kdpuffer

I actually just got my sps replaced as it all perished in a crash I had that was not lighting related. All the coral that did survive have been growing well. I'm actually light acclimating my sps frags currently and since I e only had them a couple weeks I haven't noticed any growth.

Sorry to hear that your system crashed, I'm actually in a mission with my system trying to stabilize my PH. Thanks for all your help, hope all goes well with your tank this time! @kdpuffer

Back
Top Bottom