Aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donnie2112

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was looking at the rock in my sump last night and I noticed a little bit of aiptasia growth. I haven't seen any of it in my main tank yet but I was wondering if I should be worried about it in my sump. Will it be able to spread to the main tank?

I wonder if my peppermint shrimp aren't mitigating the spread of the little aiptasia in my main tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think that as long as you have the Peppermint Shrimp in your display, you shouldn't need to worry about the Aiptasia becoming a problem for your tank inhabitants.

On the other hand, HN1 has a good point. Those nasty little buggers can get out of control really quickly. Perhaps you could put a Peppermint Shrimp in your sump??? I don't have a sump for my tank, so I don't know a whole lot about how they work or if a shrimp could even survive in there.

Hope that helps a little, and perhaps you can enlighten me a bit about sumps. :)

Peppermint shrimp dont ALWAYS eliminate aiptasia. Yes, they are known for aiptasia removal but you can't necessarily 100% count on them for its removal due to the fact that all lifeforms are unique!

Back
Top Bottom