aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
can I assume that because the "thing" sucks into a rock when I touch it, it is aipatsia? the "thing" is very small and on a frag with a zoa on it? I live in Cali unless someone else knows how I can get it. It cannot ship to california.:(

can I assume that because the "thing" sucks into a rock when I touch it, it is aipatsia? the "thing" is very small and on a frag with a zoa on it?

Agree with Larry... without a pic, can't really assume anything. Google "aiptasia" and look at the images there. Does your's look like that?

I live in Cali unless someone else knows how I can get it. It cannot ship to california.:(

Huh?

That's odd. Marine Depot is IN California! Not doubting what you're saying... I just find that funny that they can stock it in CA, but can't sell it in CA.

Try AiptasiaX from RedSea - I've heard good things about that. The other option is just mix up a paste of kalkwasser and your tank water. Fill up a syringe and lay a "puddle" of the paste on top of the bugger. It will die. Just make sure your powerheads are off and there is no current in the tank. The kalk paste itself is harmless to the water, but whatever coral it contacts will not be happy. Good way to kill off ANYTHING... not just aiptasia.

Will a pistol shrimp(although I can only hear him) a cleaner shrimp and a peppermint shrimp get along? Or is that too many shrimp together?

try the aiptasia x if you can, it is reef safe, but my corals still get pissed whenever i use it.

I got rid of Atapsia with a syringe and concentrated lemon juice (I just used the little yellow plastic lemon stuff from a grocery store). You have to inject it into the base (not the "mouth") and it's kind of tricky, you have to let it grow enough where you can stab it in the base before it contracts (which is does very quickly) then slowly, inject the lemon juice into it until it 'poofs' out of the mouth. It will cause localized acidity, so if it's right in the middle of your zoas it might be bad, but anything like Joe's Juice will do the same. Mine disappeared completely in 2 days.

hmmm that is a thought

will take a pic when they are big enough to see. By then I will know if it is the dreaded "A" word.

I decided to pull the LR out it was on....no other livestock was on it. BUT...another showed up on my hammer coral skeleton. It was very little. Took some advice and filled it with some super glue. BYE BYE

I got rid of Atapsia with a syringe and concentrated lemon juice (I just used the little yellow plastic lemon stuff from a grocery store). You have to inject it into the base (not the "mouth") and it's kind of tricky, you have to let it grow enough where you can stab it in the base before it contracts (which is does very quickly) then slowly, inject the lemon juice into it until it 'poofs' out of the mouth. It will cause localized acidity, so if it's right in the middle of your zoas it might be bad, but anything like Joe's Juice will do the same. Mine disappeared completely in 2 days.

I did the same and my aptasia was in the middle of my zoa colony. I think I missed him but the little cloud of lemon juice got him. my zoas were completely uneffected

Back
Top Bottom