Aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EriksFish315

Aquarium Advice Addict
Will taking the infected rock out of the tank and soak or wash it with tap water or boiling water then letting it air dry kill the aiptasia?

take it out, cover it with lime/lemon juice & then burn it with a lighter. there's no such thing as going overkill when it comes to aiptasia. I took my rock out & melted the aiptasia into basically liquid and it still is coming back!

honestly if you can afford to take the rock out & leave it out without a cycle or coral placement problem, just nuke the thing.. cover the infected area with a kalkwasser paste(think of that paste glue kids use to make art projects in elementary school) and then boil the rock the following day. that should solve any issues you have.

lol very true, you could just chuck it or put the aiptasia filled rock in the sump & put dry rock in.

it's not a guarantee, it works for some people & not for others. getting rid of it is 100% guaranteed, but it's all up to the OP

Yeah bought two peppermints and watch my purple dottyback attack both as soon as they got in there lasted a couple days then were in pieces.

Back
Top Bottom