aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bizzybeas

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have another aiptasia deep under a pile of live rock. I can not reach it by hand. Any ideas? :x

How big is it? If it's small it shouldn't do any harm. If it's small and you don't want it, get a peppermint shrimp if you want one or two (I've got three and no longer any problems with aips).

If it's larger and it really bugs you, get some Joe's Juice. The stuff works great and it comes with a syringe to squirt it. You can get two shrimp for the price of the juice but mine haven't tackled any aips that were too big.

Do you have to squirt it right on top? I am afraid that I will not be able to get at it. It is not too big, YET!

You have to get a direct hit- not necessarily touching it. If you can see it, you can probably get the syringe to it- or extend the syringe with some plastic tubing.

24 hours? NE! said:
or extend the syringe with some plastic tubing.
Old Salifert syringes work great for the hard to reach places :wink:

Cheers
Steve

I had two of them...one was on the glass about halfway up. I got him with a razor blade and a measuring cup. The other is on the substrate at the back of the tank where I can't reach him. He is also stuck to the glass. I am watching him to see if maybe he will move down to one of the crushed shells I got in the tank. If he does I will be able to snatch him up with the net...I watch him everyday for the opportunity to get him.

I'm talking about Joe's Juice. It's worked so good that I have 95% unused bottle in my cabinet.

I've never seen aips on the glass, but I haven't had that many. Mine were in crevices in my lr.

Back
Top Bottom