aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eileen van Zyldob

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi guys any suggestions how to get rid of aptasia...I have tried lemon juice and it didnt work then bought aiptasia x of red sea and applied 3 times already but no luck...its spreading like crazy

Just keep hitting them with apitasia x. I started with 2 small ones. Kept zapping them took about 5or 6 a month for about almost a year but I think I'm finally clear

thanks.I even got a shrimp that ate the aptasia at the marine shop...but it aint doing anything other than hiding in our tank...been betteling for about 4 months already.but if there is no other way than the aptasia x then I will have to keep strong

I had about 35 aptasias in my tank, tried most things to get rid of them, I found that peppermint shrimp are the only thing that worked, you need 2 of them thou. They seem to get scared if there's only one, don't know why. But with 2, they where all gone in about 2 weeks.

great stuff then I geuss I will be getting 2 peppermint shrimps at payday...and if they nip corals after aiptasia is gone.then I just sell them again or toss them in the sump until needed again.thanks for the advice.u guys must have a lekka afternoon , im off to bed in south Africa:) from what I can gather ur all In USA xxx

You have to make sure you get the right peppermint shrimp. I forget but I'm sure someone will chime in or look on liveaquaria.

The 3 lfs in my area sell the wrong kind I had to order the right ones on the Internet but it was worth it.

Yeah the other ones I think are saddle back shrimp, they eat corals, where as peppermint shrimp shouldn't touch them, mine don't. I keep them fed twice a week to make sure they don't thou.

Nope I'm from England

I used the real peppermint shrimp I bought 4 for 20$ USA dollars and one is pregnate and one was eating by my coral banded shrimp an the others ate the infesting

hahaha I feel like that already...dosed them all again for the 4th time and I see they are starting to creep out again !! how do I know what peppermint shrimp is the correct one ???

I would ask the guy at your lfs and make sure they don't have a hump done of them are a transparent red

Back
Top Bottom