Aiptasia???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hookman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am noticing some aiptasia in my tank, any ideas on how to get rid of them. I know peppermint shrimp eat them, but it isn't guaranteed. Any other ideas?? Thanks everyone!

Joe's Juice is your best bet. My LFS also sells a product called STOP Aiptasia, I do not know who makes it. I saw it in action and it worked great.

I had pepermint shimp and they just destroyed the aiptasia that i had give them a try they are cheap too.

I recently got 80 lbs of live rock from lr.com Beside all the good hitchhickers I got plenty of aiptasia. Today I added 3 peppermint shrimp. We will see how they do. If they fail at the task I will get a copperband or raccoon butterfly as they are also know to eat aiptasia.

I would just prefer to deal with them more naturally.

Since I have a fowlr tank, I dont mind a few of them, just need something to control their growth.

To the best of my knowledge, peppermint shrimp will usually eat the little aiptasia but typically won't bother with the larger ones. I noticed a very small aiptasia in my tank a few months ago. I threw in a pair of peppermint shrimp and it was gone by the next day.

Peppermint shrimp are usually timid and prefer to be with others in the same tank. They are hemaphrodites and reproduce regularly in my tank. Although it is very unlikely that any of their offspring will develop, they will be a good source of food for corals and fish. HTH

i used STOP aptasia in my tank and it works very well. The only downside is that you have to inject it in the stalk or the mouth which can be difficult depending on the angle.

Back
Top Bottom