Aiptasia advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaunk1978

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First want to thank everyone in advance for your help. Also say hello and thanks for such a great site and app. I've got about a year under my belt on salt water with this tank and just got it fairly settled in. I was unsure what the Aiptasia were until just recently. I had one that came in on a coral and it looked cool enough, I thought ok...
Now they are spreading, maybe 11 or 12 at that point I started searching and discovered what I had. Anyone had this before and won? Grateful for any suggestions ........

Aptasia-x and peppermint shrimp. As long as you get the right peppermint (ones from the atlantic I believe) it should eat the smaller ones. Aptasia-x works wonders as well.

No it comes with a syringe and you put it right in the mouth of the aptasia, which dies in about a minute. Only downside is you have to do each aptasia. Which is why the peppermint shrimp is nice, it gets the ones you don't see/ don't want to get haha.

with aptaisia x you want to kill the pumps so execces dosn't get sent all over the place and possibly harm your good corals. a couple of pepermint shrimp and light feeding should take care of them.

Still fighting the problem, anyone know where to get the nudibranch snails I have heard about that will eat them all?????

Please help......

Back
Top Bottom