aiptasia anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just inherited a 5year old reef tank filled with all types of lovly corals but there is alot of aiptasia anemones how can i get rid of them she (the previpos owner) was using joes juice but did no good is there a crab or fish that will eat this I used a raxor blade to get some of of lr cause i put some in my other tank that was no fun very hard to get them off please help I will have lots more ?s soon as i dont know how to use iodine and 2 part calcium additives but that is what she did everyday but she is gone and i dont know how much to put in and so one it is a 37g tank with about 8in of sand and a lot and i mean alot of live rock thanks Jester

Aiptasia's are really hard to try and get rid of manually. I used to take a needle and inject them with ph down at the base and then into the head. An easier way to do it is to buy some peppermint shrimp. They'll get rid of them really fast and they wont harm your corals either. Since i bought one i haven't had any problems with aiptasia's since.

I inject it with calcium from a syringe. Make sure you point it at its center before squirting it. Is probably stronger than joe juice, and cheaper. It always worked for me.

Tangaloo said:
Aiptasia's are really hard to try and get rid of manually. I used to take a needle and inject them with ph down at the base and then into the head. An easier way to do it is to buy some peppermint shrimp. They'll get rid of them really fast and they wont harm your corals either. Since i bought one i haven't had any problems with aiptasia's since.

Ditto

Back
Top Bottom