Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-17-2004, 11:42 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to XXFirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to XXFirefighter
I bet the guy dumped the joes juice into the tank... I used SMALL amounts into my Aptasia and they shriviled away to nothing. Can't even find a corpse...

XXFirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:20 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
That is the only caution for using JJ, kalk, or anything else that alters PH. If you use too much, depending on water volume you could have problems. JJ claims not to affect water chemistry, but I don't necessarily agree. I also had problems with it burning the fins of my fish, but I was also attempting to treat a large aiptasia problem. I would recommend it more for treating smaller amounts. I also now keep water ready and do small water changes to siphon the areas I treat to remove any residual particles. I would do this for kalk too if using larger amounts.

HoopsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:24 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
I get to taste it when I mouth-start an airline siphon for a topoff with kalkwasser. Yuck!

I have not yet eaten the paste. I don't think I will try this.

Cmon you guys you can't tell me you haven't started a tubing siphon with your mouth and tasted gasoline, tank water, kalkwasser.....?

snapcrackler is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com