Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Really as long as you keep you levels in check and stable with a good biological filter , base rock / live rock really wouldn't matter , I don't think , I mean its all about creating a stable environment for the live stock..... I'm still pretty new at this also , but I've read a lot, and ask a lot of questions. My LFS just set up a desolate tank using all base rock siliconed together , he cycled it for 4 weeks , seeded it with sand and dead shrimp , now he has like 20-25 different corals in it

Old 05-04-2012, 01:16 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfiereefer
Really as long as you keep you levels in check and stable with a good biological filter , base rock / live rock really wouldn't matter , I don't think , I mean its all about creating a stable environment for the live stock..... I'm still pretty new at this also , but I've read a lot, and ask a lot of questions. My LFS just set up a desolate tank using all base rock siliconed together , he cycled it for 4 weeks , seeded it with sand and dead shrimp , now he has like 20-25 different corals in it
Alright! I feel this is exactly right. On another not. Another anemone popped up over night! I have no idea how it grew so fast but it must have grown an inch overnight? More likely an awesome hiding place! I held a syphon over it and grabbed it with tweasers! It busted up into a lot of piece but the syphon grabbed it!

Tags
aiptasia

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com