Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-30-2011, 05:51 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyFishies View Post
Take a close look at peppermint VS camel shrimp. Camel = BAD. They have very different stripe patterns and hump, like a camel.

The LFS may mislabel so you have to be careful and check each one.
good post! also be sure that the shrimp is from the Atlantic and not the pacific. The pacific shrimp has almost the same name but won't eat aiptasia. The shrimp that you want is "Lysmata wurdemani". Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah I did what joy13 did and killed the big guys with AipX and let the pep take the rest. He ate pellets readily after the aiptasia was gone

Old 03-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ok now i just have to find some real peppermint shrimp. I was gonna drive back to a lfs that sold me a killer snail but I dont think he has any shrimp and the folks that do have the shrimp are an hour in the opposite direction. Grrrr...I have so much to do with these new tanks.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Ok now i just have to find some real peppermint shrimp. I was gonna drive back to a lfs that sold me a killer snail but I dont think he has any shrimp and the folks that do have the shrimp are an hour in the opposite direction. Grrrr...I have so much to do with these new tanks.
Looks like you need to move closer to that LFS. LOL
Old 03-31-2011, 07:47 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I got four peppermint shrimp yesterday.

Now that i have them I need to know more about them.
What do they eat other than aiptasia? I had one molt already, really creepy..LOL Whats that all about?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:14 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Activist

Mine eat anything I feed the tank. Pretty good scavengers
Old 03-31-2011, 08:28 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Regular

Can you mix shrimp? I have a fire one and am starting to see algae and clear little tubelike structures....
Old 03-31-2011, 08:39 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes, but not all. I have peppermint and coral banded and will get a pistol for my watchman goby and a cleaner.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:06 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiorn View Post
Can you mix shrimp? I have a fire one and am starting to see algae and clear little tubelike structures....
Your tube line structures are worms and a good thing. Don't try to remove or kill them.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Keep Us Posted. I had some when I started my first tank and a pepp took are of them. Not sure why, but the pepp is long gone, always did like to watch it 'when' it would come out. I've had some BIG ones in my other tank, and never did anything to them. For some reason they never spread, but if they start to I figure I'll try the peppermint shrimp again.

Tags
aiptasia

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com