aiptasia plague

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Burning them, injecting with lemon juice, squirt with boiling water, removing the rock they're on to dry out.

Then there are the products used to kill them: Aiptasia X (used myself and it worked well), Joe's Juice, and kalkwasser paste

If you're injecting the aiptasia with a syringe and don't overdo it you'll be fine. But it can cause pH issues if you overload the aips or do too many at one time

Lol where I live there are so drug addicts I'm sure I would need a prescription to get one

I got mine at a local pet store that sells shots, try tractor supply. You can also try fresh water injections. I have found that lemon juice does work better than aiptasia x.

You can buy at walmart but you have to sign a log that you are not using them for anything against the law. At least that`s what mine does.

We bought peppermint shrimp. They ate every piece of aptasia we had. (we had a lot!) Saved us the hassle of trying to do the deed ourselves. Now the little suckers sit on the bottom of the tank sifting through our sand, swaying back and forth. They've gotten fat and happy and they are a blast to watch!

A little off topic but I've never thought about how hard it would be to find syringes. My entire family is in the medical field (husbands a firefighter/paramedic, brother is a critical care nurse, I managed a lab) we've got boxes of that stuff laying around the house. Medical supplies are useful. I used syringes to glue my wallpaper edges back together, lol.

We bought 5. We have 3 left. Our dottyback got a little feisty before she found a new home. They live together under our rocks. Now that there are no predators they come out front and hang out.

We have a 75 gallon DT and had some huge aptasia (bigger than mushrooms) and they ate them all. Some people have said that they won't eat the big ones but ours did. The biggest shrimp is about 2 and 1/2 inches long now.

Ya iv tryed to get pepperment 2 times now both died so the rocks I has I dipped the infested parts into a boiling pot of watter this morning making sure not to touch the coral n the rest I'm going to get some sodium hydroxcide (lye) n burn them out as they are 2 close to coral I got all these rocks off craigslist for about 40 bucks full of zoas mushrooms n hydria and was about 60 pounds of lr but the aspia was the downfall of the deal

Lol where I live there are so drug addicts I'm sure I would need a prescription to get one

Believe it or not you would probably be more likely to be able to get one. They feel giving out clean needs for drug use is better than spreading HIV around through the drug world.

I bought a second peppermint shrimp on Thursday and now all my apatia are gone I have none

my wife is a diabetic they cost 1-2 bucks for a pack of 5 at cvs and theres no signing anything asking what your going to do with them lol

Back
Top Bottom