Aiptasia problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ladi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, can anybody tell me how to get rid of Aiptasia - glass anemone? I have them on my live rocks, on zoanthus even on shells... Please help

Inject them with lemon juice.... Als I've heard peppermint shrimp eat them, but it's hit or miss...

Kio707 said:
Inject them with lemon juice.... Als I've heard peppermint shrimp eat them, but it's hit or miss...

Well, i tried but it seems like they are back on the same places and the same size, so I think I didn't manage to kill them. How to inject the lemon juice, they are very fast, especially the ones in Zoanthus, I can't hit them quick enough. I just bought a Copperband Butterfly, maybe he will eat them?

You can get aipastia X, it comes with a little syringe in the box. You need to inject the mouth dead on, and you have to be quick. lol Just covering it with anything isnt gonna kill em. :)

IDK about the copperband, but you inject them with a food injector needle in their mouths. I had the same issue... Either that or boil the LR. It'll kill it and the rock however... If you can pull out the LR and literally pull them off the rock, it may work too....

if you can take the rock out try putting the hot water just where they are to save the rest of the other rock.

carey said:
You can get aipastia X, it comes with a little syringe in the box. You need to inject the mouth dead on, and you have to be quick. lol Just covering it with anything isnt gonna kill em. :)

Aiptasia X? I don think I can find this product. I live in Serbia, even for organisms I have to travel to Budapest (480km) or Vienna (700km). Any other advice?
Thanks in advance!

Aiptasia X? I don think I can find this product. I live in Serbia, even for organisms I have to travel to Budapest (480km) or Vienna (700km). Any other advice?
Thanks in advance!

Lemon juice in the mouth is best bet...

You can put boiling water in a syringe and squirt that in its mouth as well if you don't have lemon juice.

rdnelson99 said:
You can put boiling water in a syringe and squirt that in its mouth as well if you don't have lemon juice.

I have lemon... :) I will try with that

I tried lemon juice in past and it killed them..for about week or two. After that they must have multiplied several times. I went from having 4-5 (the ones i killed with lemon juice) to having like 20! in a couple weeks. you can also try aptaisa x if the lemon juice dont work for you.

Jereli said:
I tried lemon juice in past and it killed them..for about week or two. After that they must have multiplied several times. I went from having 4-5 (the ones i killed with lemon juice) to having like 20! in a couple weeks. you can also try aptaisa x if the lemon juice dont work for you.

That's what I am afraid, because when attacked they leave spores and multiply...

Hot water and lemon juice. Also, when you get to a store again het the peppermint shrimp, worked great for me!
Sounds like you have a really bad infestation... Good luck :-/

Unicorn said:
Hot water and lemon juice. Also, when you get to a store again het the peppermint shrimp, worked great for me!
Sounds like you have a really bad infestation... Good luck :-/

Thanks a lot to everyone!

Back
Top Bottom