Aiptasia will not die after Joes Juice and/or boiling water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boardsurfer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have aiptasia in my tank and they're beginning to become a big nuisance. I've shot them all with Joe's Juice, but they've come back again (the same exact ones). I've shot them with boiling water in a Turkey baster, but this isn't working either.

Any suggestions?

How are you shooting them with the juice? You have to do it real slow and let them "eat" it. I have found once it has retracted you have to wait for them to come back out and lure them into eating. Just spraying will not work.

If that doesnt work, give some peppermint shrimp a try. They took care of the few that I had in my tank.

Civicman86 said:
How are you shooting them with the juice? You have to do it real slow and let them "eat" it. I have found once it has retracted you have to wait for them to come back out and lure them into eating. Just spraying will not work.

Yeah, I did as the directions said. I let them eat it and take it in. It's weird cause the exact same ones come back, only all white in color and looking terrible (almost dead).

I don't want to do the peppermint route since I already have a CBS and a cleaner shrimp in the same tank. They all may be able to co-exist, but I think 3 different shrimp in a 55 is too much.

Anyone else have probs killing them the first time around with Joes Juice?

I had a few of them that took a couple shots. But after 2-3 tries with Joes Juice mine were all gone. I also got 3 Peppermint Shrimp to keep the new ones at bay also. No more shrimp in the tank, and no more aipstasia.

Take some kalk use a little water and kalk. Make a paste, not to thin, not to thick. Inject it onto the aptasia and it should take care of it. Be careful though dont get any on your coral and use it in moderation a little at a time if you have lost of them, so your PH will not be affected.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I nuked them w/Joes Juice once again and if that doesn't work, I'll use kalk and water.

Back
Top Bottom