Air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Size of tank? Do you have a filter or two?

You can add a second filter is not already there. Also, you can add airstones. You need the machine itself, tubing, and the stones/decoration.

And no matter what, DO NOT BELIEVE ANYONE TELLING YOU TO BLOW THROUGH A STRAW INTO THE WATER!!!! ;)

Im not sure if youre asking how to increase the oxygenation of the water or not. If you are, a good amount of steady surface disturbance will help with that, also any sort of mixing or falling action will also help.

Im not sure if youre asking how to increase the oxygenation of the water or not. If you are, a good amount of steady surface disturbance will help with that, also any sort of mixing or falling action will also help.

Yes I am trying to increase my flow in my reef tank. I do have flow but not enough. Thinking I should get a fan. I had a cooperbanded butterfly and I think it died of lack of oxegen

Copperband butterflies arent exactly the easiest fish to keep. If i may ask, what made you believe it was a lack of O2 that killed the butterfly? Also are you concerned with flow or O2 levels?? There is a difference

No airstones in salt water. Grab a couple of powerheads and aim them at the surface. Also, do you have a lid? An open top will increase oxygen exchange...

No airstones in salt water. Grab a couple of powerheads and aim them at the surface. Also, do you have a lid? An open top will increase oxygen exchange...

Yes I have a lid on my tank. The reason I think it was the flow that killed my butterfly is because he was just sitting at the bottom of my tank breathing heavy

Some fish will do that if they are sick or dying. If he was looking for air he would most likely have been at the surface gulping air or trying to

Breathing heavy can mean toxins in the water, is your tank cycled? How did you acclimate the fish? Unless you have known fish that are jumpers try an open lid, that will help but will also mean more evaporation.

Breathing heavy can mean toxins in the water, is your tank cycled? How did you acclimate the fish? Unless you have known fish that are jumpers try an open lid, that will help but will also mean more evaporation.

Yeah I had my tank a year so yes it's cycled. Other than that I think i need some more flow plus i have corals

Back
Top Bottom