Air bubbles on my live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saga

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. I keep getting air bubbles on my live rock. Everyday I blow them off and the next dat they are back. Can anyone help me?

Saga said:
Hi. I keep getting air bubbles on my live rock. Everyday I blow them off and the next dat they are back. Can anyone help me?

Do you have a skimmer? I changed the air input on mine, and the bubbles went away soon after.

Saga said:

Do the bubbles just appear when your lights are on and are they clear and release to the surface.
If this sounds like them it is probably algae photosynthesizing as it grows and spreads on your rock,which is a good thing because it is probably Coraline algae.

spontuzak said:
Do you have a skimmer? I changed the air input on mine, and the bubbles went away soon after.

Yes. I have a SWC BMX150 skimmer. I bought the whole setup used. I did find the air adjustment valve on the skimmer. It was turned wide open. So I turned it down some. Hope it helps. Thanks for your input.

Back
Top Bottom