AK and CA Levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been using ESV parts A and B for my CA and AK. Until recently my CA would not get above 280. Now its at 500!!! Yikes!
Also my AK level is at 15 DKH...any ideas on this? None of my corals are mad yet? I have backed off on adding any of the parts and let it creep back down.
Thoughts?

They look like they're pretty balanced (albeit a tad high) so just let them fall naturally. Watch to see how much it falls per day and that will help you to adjust how much you add each day for maintenance.

Yeah they are not WAY out of line but I had been dosing the same amt for like one solid year and could not get the levels TO rise...didnt test for a long time and lo and behold the numbers jumped! ESV is good stuff!

I have noticed my anenome moving around and he has been on the same rock for like 6 months. I wonder if this was causing him some grief? However I did add a PH and was aimed in the general direction of him from the other end of the tank so I think it might be this as well..

You need to find out how much Ca/Alk your tank is consuming daily in order to know how much part A/B to dose. The only way to do this is to test daily for each for a few days w/ out adding any Ca/Alk supplement or PWC'S. Here is a good link to find out approx. how much of each to dose daily according to the tank's demand- http://home.comcast.net/~jdieck1/chem_calc3.html
HTH-it's late and I'm tired lol.

Back
Top Bottom