Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigfish84

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I'm getting a lot of green algae on the sand in my tank can anyone tel how I can stop this? I have some hermit crabs and a sea hair and urchin do I need more to eat the algae!? Or can it be something else? Can it be my lights are to close to the top of the tank? Help me plz someone

Hi I'm getting a lot of green algae on the sand in my tank can anyone tel how I can stop this? I have some hermit crabs and a sea hair and urchin do I need more to eat the algae!? Or can it be something else? Can it be my lights are to close to the top of the tank? Help me plz someone

Can you get a picture of the algea? Is it hair algea? Either way, to answer your question it can be that your lights are too old. But most likely the problem is that your water has too many nutrients. Meaning your Nitrate and Phosphate levels are too high and are feeding the algae. What is more info on your tank size, lights, protein skimmer etc etc?

How old are your bulbs? I had a bad turf algae problem got new bulbs and bam was gone. What are your nitrates and phosphates?

I have done a test iv got to much Nitrate how can I get this down? My lights are new so I don't think it can be them

water changes with good source water and cutting back on feeding would be my first action to reduce nitrates.

I have ro water and have been doing a water change every week do you thing I need to step it up maybe 2 a week?

Do you have a rodi unit or you buying the water somewhere

Back
Top Bottom