Algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tooldini

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

I have a question about some algae I have growing on my rock. I just wonder if I should let it go,, or could I cut it and start some growing in another place? It is getting long fast :)

thanks
Jeff

are you talking about the grape caluerpa in the middle of the pic? If i were you pull it out and get rid of it....I had that stuff and it went nuts in my tank grew so fast i couldnt get rid of it and looked like crap

LOL yeah thats the stuff.I kind a like it but it is getting wild and my girlfriend doesn't like it. Probably should just clip it out :( Is that how I would do it,, just clip it out?

Jeff

yup get as much out as you can man.....that stuff will grow and grow and grow...well you get the point i would take all of it out, or make sure you trim it alot to keep the population of it down.

:) thanks. I would look cool if it would just stay bundled up looking like some others I have seen.

thanks
Jeff

lol ya that would be nice but usually dont happen it will be hard to pull it off the LR once its attached also so make sure to trim it good.

Back
Top Bottom