Algae Control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxamillion

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was doing some research, something I find me self doing very often, and I read that the higher the oxygen content in the tanks water, the less one would battle with algae. Which makes sense, since algae uses CO2, if you starve it of CO2 then it would die off. And since I am someone who loves science and has a filled oxygen tank siting right next to my fish tank as it is, I want to set up some sort of oxygen drip feed system.

However I do have some monetary constraints. :) dont worry I'm not asking for money (however in the name of science send it to maxwellwhothunk@yahoo.com via paypal and just tell me its for research then it will only be used for that venture) lol... I doubt anyone will send me even a penny, but thats ok, I thought I would try anyway.

Well anyway for those who use Calcium reactors and Kalk dosers etc., who use CO2 to combat the rising PH level do you notice more algae than normal?

I wonder because I would assume that it would be more prominent in a tank which does use CO2, but has poor gas exchange.

Hopefully soon, I will raise enough money to buy all the materials to run a drip feed oxygen set up.

Just for your information a Oxygen refill of 40 cubic feet is about 17 dollars retail. And the equipment to finally set this all up will end up being about 250 dollars not including the various refills of gasses.

Please if you are interested in the results, donate anything, this will be the first place that I post them. Also if you have any bubble counters, solenoid valves, regulators or needle valves (anything required for use with a CO2 dosing system, it will be reverse engineered to be used with an O2 system) you are willing to donate to this cause PM me.

Just for your information, I am studying to become a electronics engineer, I know my way around high pressure gas systems I have built many interesting High pressure devices in the past.

I hope to report back to you with pure O2 results soon. Ok, enough babbling for me, PM me if you have any questions or anything.

Thanks everyone,
Max

Back
Top Bottom