Algae Eaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashearier

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have several types of algae in my tank. The rock I bought was covered in red hair like algae. I have had it in my tank for a couple of weeks and green hair algae and bubble algae has taken over. There is also some small bright green leaf like plants growing. I believe macro algae. My real concern is the bubble algae. I have heard the sally light foot eats this bubble al. Do they target this algae? How many for a 55g? What else eats this bubble algae? As for the other algae, if I start using the RO/DI water will this algae eventually go away. (I just got the RO/DI unit).

Enough for now. I will ask more when I get a reply.

The water conditions are all at or near 0ppm
If it matters I use some additives.
Tell me what you know please.

thank you

My real concern is the bubble algae. I have heard the sally light foot eats this bubble al. Do they target this algae?

I have never heard this about Sallylightfoots, I have heard it about Emerald crabs. I would add 3 or 4 to a 55g, although once the bubble algae is gone, you might wanna remove them, I am distrustful of crabs in the reef tank.

What else eats this bubble algae?

Spelling on this one is probably wron...Zebrasoma desjardeni (Red Sea Sailfin Tang), I don't know of any other critters that are known to eat bubble algae.

Back
Top Bottom