Algae growth on glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok . This one is baffling me.. Has anyone ever seen this before? Coraline is only growing so high up and on the front of the tank. The film algae only goes up to the same height .. It's like the mountain tops in Colorado... Any ideas? You can see in the pics. The top 1/4 of the tank is bare ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391988784.634930.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391988804.754861.jpg

I have turbos . But this is almost a straight line across the top of the tank. All the way around.

Ok, they wouldn't do enough for it. Might be the lighting? I don't have a real answer for you in all reality other than it's happening...but you can see that.

I thought about the lighting.. Thinking about it... It seams that that's the line that I do my water changes.. I draw out 30 gallons and that is right about how far I draw down the water ..

I just did some more research. I read that basically . When you draw down your water and leave the lights on. It pretty much burns the caraline. If you were to expose say an sps with full power on your lights. It can burn it also

I just did some more research. I read that basically . When you draw down your water and leave the lights on. It pretty much burns the caraline. If you were to expose say an sps with full power on your lights. It can burn it also

well, anything out of the water will sure die whether or not you have the light on. but like i said i have the water all the way up to the rim of the tank and the algae still only goes as far up as your tank. but i don't mind it, i just like it be the way it it.

Well could it be maybe a gas or nitrates or something? Do you have a deep sand bed as well?

Well could it be maybe a gas or nitrates or something? Do you have a deep sand bed as well?

my sand bed is 1.5inch to 2inches deep. i wouldn't say it's gas or nitrate as they have nothing to do with how high and whereabouts the algae grow

Just trying to help narrow it down for the Both of us.. Haha I'm guessing its got to be light intensity.. I'm running dimmables LEDs. Maybe par is too high in that area

Back
Top Bottom