Algae help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. D

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I cannot seem to pinpoint my algae problem. I've been battling it for at least 2 months now with no real luck. I use Red Sea tests for everything and the results are:

Calcium: 460
Alk: 7.2 (usually kept at 9 but missed a few days)
Mag:1300
Salinity: 1.024

Nitrate: reading 0.00??? Or at most < 0.25
Phosphate: 0.04 (3 days ago)

I recently started using the Red Sea NO3PO4-X after I tested my phosphate (3 days). My bulbs also just hit the 12 month mark so they do need to be replaced. I also do very small water changes 2-3 times a month of 5 gallons and haven't increased them because my NO3 has never been detectable on API tests (just switched to RS).

If it helps all of my corals look good and are growing at a good pace including my acros with the exception if one section of orange zoas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

your readings may be readign low because the algaes are consuming your nuitrients before you test them.

what type of algae is it anyway

either way tips are cut light time(even though yours is short)
get a refugium with micro algaes to help combate invasive algaes
if using crushed coral, keep it cleaned, syphon it all out good
check filter pads
check bioload
and cut feeding

your readings may be readign low because the algaes are consuming your nuitrients before you test them.

what type of algae is it anyway

either way tips are cut light time(even though yours is short)
get a refugium with micro algaes to help combate invasive algaes
if using crushed coral, keep it cleaned, syphon it all out good
check filter pads
check bioload
and cut feeding

Thanks.

I'm not sure I will post pictures soon.

I'm using a refugium with Cheto and 2types of caulerpa already.

Thanks.. That website helps... Right now I'm working on adding some more snails and they seem to be consuming it at a good pace

Back
Top Bottom