Algae help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rscomia

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a brown stringy algae that seems to attach to about everything in my reef tank that I have not been able to beat yet Does anybody have any idea what it might be and how to get rid of it It blows off easy with a turkey baster I have tried everything I can think of including adding another wave maker to increase flow I went and bought a reef octopus skimmer and it is skimming wet I also bought a ro unit and am only using ro water and the most helpful thing I did is three days without lights but it did not get rid of it totally and is back like before

I wouldnt do every four days. I fed my fish every other day and they got thin so every day now. Every four seems kinda overkill. JMHO

I wouldnt do every four days. I fed my fish every other day and they got thin so every day now. Every four seems kinda overkill. JMHO
Ive been keeping a eye on them I am making sure they are staying healthy I am just trying to find what is fueling this algae

Yes I do test for phosphates i just checked them and they are in between 0 and .25 ppm I leave my lights on from 11 30 am to 6 pm I just moved them up from the tank yesterday a couple inches

Yeah im stumped to It kinda reminds me of cyano but Ive always thought it grew in a mat form and I wouldnt think it would be diatoms because the tank has been up almost 7 months

Had same issue, sounds like GHA (green hair algae). Do u have a cuc? Get a couple emerald crabs and snails (reefcleaners.org). Wait a bit till ur trates go down, it'll start to go away. Look at my profile pics, u will see it. The key is getting those trates down. U have a sump?

Get some chelerpa, if u don't already have some. (know I spelled that wrong) u need more of a cuc. GHA will do that, trust me. I had it bad!!! Grab some emerald crabs, they help.

Back
Top Bottom