I seem to be having an issue with hair algae in my tank. I have tested for nitrates and it tested for absolute 0 ppm
. I don't have a phosphate kit but I doubt that that is the problem. I have LED
lighting, specifically USA Current lighting that are adjustable in terms of light intensity. If I were to reduce my white lights by 20%, would this help solve the issue. Also, why kind of light fuels algae growth, white or actinic? I think that when my actinic lights shut off, the white lights fuel the algae growth because they stay on for an additional 15 minutes. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and what would be the ideal lighting schedule for maximum growth in a reef tank?