Algae on frags.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do I get rid if gha on my coral frags without damaging my corals??

I have a candy cane that doesn't open as full as it used to since 1) the lights stayed on too long and bleached everything
2) algae started growing on the coral itself .
3) I found aptasia growing on the base of the frag .
I would like to hear how to rid corals of algae

I've dipped my algae covered frags in a mixture of peroxide and salt water and have had pretty good success. Not sure what others think but it works for me. Just gotta leave it in the mix for a few minutes then rinse off in fresh salted water and back in they go. The algae dies off within a few days usually if its alot or even faster if its just a little bit.

I've dipped my algae covered frags in a mixture of peroxide and salt water and have had pretty good success. Not sure what others think but it works for me. Just gotta leave it in the mix for a few minutes then rinse off in fresh salted water and back in they go. The algae dies off within a few days usually if its alot or even faster if its just a little bit.

Thank you ,
Ill try this tomorrow .

Is it regular hydrogen peroxide from the drug store you use ?
Is there a mix ratio ?
I was told to use a tooth brush and lemon juice or vinegar ?
The lemon juice will kill corals ?

Back
Top Bottom