Algae On Glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have my tank light on, sump off, and then tank light off, sump on. I believe it also helps keep the PH more stable as well.

I clean the glass once a week but I don't keep the lights on for 12 hours. I keep the halides on for 3-5 hours and the blue lights for 3-7 hours. Each day differs and I have been able to maintain a reef tank (sps, Lps, and inverts) with good success (not on wood). Get a phosban reactor and limit the lights. Makes a huge difference

You guys are worried about scratching your glass tanks? I have an acrylic tank lol. I don't know what i'm going to clean it with to be honest. For some reason i don't think those mag-floats made for acrylic are really acrylic safe.. Idk.

Still, if you want to clean your glass frequently, just use a mag float dude. Those most certainly won't scratch your tank if it's glass and it pretty much saves you the pain of sticking your hand in the tank.

You guys are worried about scratching your glass tanks? I have an acrylic tank lol. I don't know what i'm going to clean it with to be honest. For some reason i don't think those mag-floats made for acrylic are really acrylic safe.. Idk.

Still, if you want to clean your glass frequently, just use a mag float dude. Those most certainly won't scratch your tank if it's glass and it pretty much saves you the pain of sticking your hand in the tank.

i have one of those on my 55 gallon and it scratched it up like crazy.... if the slightest bit of sand gets in there, and i dont notice, the tank is toast

This is a product that my local reef club all use. They put it in every 2 weeks or once a week. I used it for a while but I felt like it made my sand grow stuff. Now the benefit I found, I dont have to clean my glass for a week or two at a time. So you could try it. Some people swear by it.

TLC Saltwater Starter/Cycle Bacteria 32 Oz

I stopped using my mag float because it scratched my glass. I just dive in and get wet.

Back
Top Bottom