Algae on Live Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know the fastest way to get rid of this annoying algae...i stir it up once a week or so and some gets filtered out but what doesnt just goes back on the rock...i have 2 crabs (one blue legged and one red tipped). Thanks for the suggestions.

I got 10 snails and a rock crab for mine. The rock crab is great, he is always digging and and running around. Constantly stirring up the sand and cleaning.

I just have plan brown algae(dont know technical term)...i do have 2 snails...one thats HUGE and another small one...and the big guy cleans it but only a small amount and i was curious if its possible to get it completly white again?

If your tank is new and its just diatoms it will fade away in time with proper husbandry. I used to blow mine off with a turkey baster. Make sure your water flow is at least 10x your water volume.

Ya its new and i havnt get my power head yet so i guess that will fix it all up...thanks alot everyone

Back
Top Bottom