Algae on my sand bed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drillsar

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just added sand about a month ago and im thinking im getting all of this algae since its new, My blenny died and since he did die I noticed this outbreak is it a concidence? I have only 5 nassarius snails, Someone told me to get a goby but dont goby's eat pods?

Dont know about pods but they will keep sand moving not allowing algea to get a foothold. I have two and they keep the sand moving.

What does the algae look like? Thick? Dusty? Color?

I would not advise a mandarin unless your tank is very well established, and you have a means for harboring pods.

If your tank is new(say less than 6 months), then you are experiencing what a lot of other people go through. If you could post your tank specs and water parameters, maybe even a pic, it would be a bit more easier to help you diagnose and eventually fix your issue. On the general side though:
Cerith snails are a wonder at stirring up the sand bed, but you might want to up the number, depending on tank size. I also advise against the mandarin for same said reasons.
What kind of "sand" did you add?. Was this an already established tank(barebottom) and then you added sand? A bit more info please....

Back
Top Bottom