I have a massive algae outbreak, it appears to be a lot of brown algae and some green/hair algae. I have some clean up crew but I feel this is taking over way more than they can handle.
My live rocks are covered in it, I wanted to ask regarding best methods to clean live rock, I don't want to do anything wrong to it, is it best to just let it be or is there ways to clean it?
I am changing my light timing duration, I have a blue/white LED
combo that is programmed to be around 9hrs a day, a couple of the hours are just the blue lights (dawn and dusk, moonlight) , hoping that will help. Any advice in general how to defeat this overpowering force!?