Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

man Im sorry you are having that continual problem, even after all your remediation attempts.

This happened to me once like it did you, and all I did was drop in a submersible UV sterilizer and it never came back.

UV didn't kill algae already on the rocks, but it kept it from ever coming back because we also changed the bad water parameters that let it get hold in the first place. I know there are ideal biological controls to prevent reinfestation...but after those didn't work, a good ole fashioned UV cheat made it like it never happened...just another option for you, 99 gallons is too expensive to have to keep tearing down, try the cheat!

brandon429 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off