Algae Problem - Need Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jereli

Aquarium Advice Freak
so as you can see by the picture the algae problem that i am having...i have not added nothing new recently..the tank has been up for about 1 year and 3 months.. all my parameters are looking good.. nitrate is at zero possibly because of the the algae? my phosphates is hard to tell from the card whether is at 0 or .25, looks closer to 0 but maybe cause of the algae?

i feed once a day and only what is consumed..i have a skimmer in a sump with chaeto in a fuge...i have always had this problem it comes and goes often..any ideas...my top off water is from the water store near my house

Attachments

• 2011-05-03_15-55-49_958.jpg
    2011-05-03_15-55-49_958.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 113
they are on a timer...i only have them on for about 5 hours a day..and the moon lights for like 2 hours after my lights shut off..so most of the time the lights are off

it actually seems more visible while the lights are off during the day...once the lights are on for couple hours its not as noticable...

Brown algae is often because of not enough light, Phosphorus, or too much nitrogen... Maybe not enough light??

when is the last time you changed your bulbs?

Usually cyano will start off brown and like that. Read our article on cyano in the SW articles.

the bulbs are basically new...less then 2 months..like month and week old.. i will read on cyano

Back
Top Bottom