Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-25-2014, 11:41 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well I know jj saidyou dont want that stuff that settles on the bottom in your tank so.....that being said I would do what he said as far as getting it I'm the tank. Gallon of water up top, tube running down to your sump with air tube. Siphon out at 1 drip per second or even 1 drop for 2 secs. I'm gonna go easy! Like 1/4 of the gallon and test and do the math from where it was to where it's at and then figure how much more I need to get to the sweet spot. If rather go low than high

Old 04-26-2014, 12:14 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm trying a drip system with airtubing with a kno on it...

How much I should dose for a 20g system to reach PH 8.5 from 7.9 ?

Old 04-26-2014, 12:19 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'd say that's a good drip rate.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how much. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on it and go little at a time. I would start and get 1/4 way thru liter and test. Go from there.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:40 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Now 1/4 of a liter as been distribued to the reef, and the PH test the same, according to my GF (I don't see thoses colors good ans want second advice)... 7.9...

I think I'll dose the whole 1 liter bottle overnight. that's good idea ? I,m drunk
Old 04-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Kalk will raise alkalinity and calcium but not the pH. Use baking soda to raise alk and pH. Start with mixture of 1 tsp/gal of ro/di on ato. Be catious that sudden fluctuation of pH can hurt your live stock. Create more water surface agitation will also help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90w86...A434PW3gEa1-QA
jeffaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:36 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

I added all the liter last night, Ph raised from 7.9 to 8.4. I don't know how much the alk and calcium raised, I'll test this tonight (Mg and PH too).
Old 04-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Normally even without dosing the pH will be 0.2 points higher during the day than nigh time. If your pH is 8.0 at night, it will be 8.2 after 2 hours your lights are on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90w86...A434PW3gEa1-QA
jeffaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:17 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

No, I mean I tested PH, it was 7.9 on the mid day light cycle, then I dose 1 liter of limewater, and 1-2 hours after, then PH was 8.4...

When I test ph in the "morning" of the light cycle, I get 7.8-7.9, when I test right before the lights will close, it usually give me 7.9...

The objective here is to artificially boost the PH for killing dinos...
Old 04-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Freak

I went thru the gallon on my 75g tank and the ph barely moved up to 7.9.....I'm hesitant to go more so soon. Maybe do another gallon tomorrow ya think?
Old 04-27-2014, 12:52 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Does anybody know how much kalk to dose ? I'm drunk yet, and still don't know how much kalk to dose.

I'm dosing another 1L of limewater today, I did test, everything is in range... But PH is higher than my normal averages values (8.3)

How much Kalk to dose for a 20g, with dinoflagellates, to get PH 8.5, when the normal ph is 7.9 all the time?

Last params from redsea (ph from API large range):
KH: 8.4 dKH
Ca: 450 ppm
Mg: 1280 ppm
PH: 8.3

How much limewater do I need to dose ? I can't find any reference for this !...

(I'm adding limewater with airtube with a knot in it, so I get 1 drop/2sec)

I still find those ****** dinos in my tank, I'm tired of them, stringy brown ****...

PLZ HELP ! I really enjoy the hobby, my corals, my 2 clowns, this forum, but can't get rid of thoses dinos

Tags
algae, problem

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com