Algae problem....pls help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So,

- I'll turn my R420R light back on to normal schedule
- Stop protein skimmer
- Stop the GAC
- Stop mechanical filtration as the Fluval C3 add a lot of O2 to the water
- Use turkey baster then vaccum the dirty water to a bucket with towel as filtration
- Siphon the visible part of the sand bed in that same bucket.
- Keep dosing kalk (it's so boring to plug a drip system everyday...)

Keep the fluvel running. Fish need some oxygen. Haha. Instead of the turkey baster. Just use the hose as you siphon the dynos out. That was your containing the dynos better and not scattering all over the tank

Turkey baster is to disloge the dinos by moving the water on the rocks, then siphon them with a tube. They're already all over the tank... Spots almost everywhere.... I can't siphon the dinos only with a tube... That won't work...

The powerheads aiming at the water surface is not already enough O2 for fishs/corals ?

Help !!!

WHOAH I did a MASSIVE mistake !!!!

I accidentally popped a bubble algae !!!:banghead:

Do blue leg hermits eat bubbles ?

I think my last option is a emerauld crab :(

Water change when dynos are gone. Emerald crabs love bubble algae too.. How's your ph been?

Ph is always near 8...

Dinos start to come back... I see little bubbles on the rocks in some spots... I plan doing another blackout. Anyways corals seems happy, and hair algae is not in infestation mode, so I think my NO3 PO4 are in good ranges.

Make sure to get ph up to 8.4 8.5 and hold it there. That's a big key to getting rid of dynos

The question is HOW... It take lot of time to mesure kalk, dissolve it into water, wait until it precipitate, then make a drip system via airline tubing...

Do dinos can grow on purple coraline ?

All I did was mix up a gallon jug and drip it in daily. It kept mine at 8.4 consistently .. I did 3 tsp of pickling lime to 1 gallon ro. Let it sit for 10 minutes and then drip in.. Make sure the hose is about one inch above the bottom so it don't suck up the sludge

All I did was mix up a gallon jug and drip it in daily. It kept mine at 8.4 consistently .. I did 3 tsp of pickling lime to 1 gallon ro. Let it sit for 10 minutes and then drip in.. Make sure the hose is about one inch above the bottom so it don't suck up the sludge

That's what I do.

I only have a 20g.

Can I prepare 1g kalk and drip every day 1L in 1 hour ?

Will a dosing pump help me ?

Maybe make up a small amount to raise you ph.. And the slow drip in to keep it there? I dosing pump may work for you.. But the generally are to slow from what I have read

Stick it the drip.. Haha.. One drop per second. If you don't have one.. Get a valve for the hose..

Back
Top Bottom