Ok so it's been about a month since I upgraded my lighting. Went from 2-250 mh
bulbs with 2-54w actinic t5's to 2 ecotech radions.
I THOUGHT that since my bulbs were getting old and needed to be replaced anyway that the radions wud b a welcome upgrade to my tank. Well the coral love it but now I'm starting to get red algae on the glass, rocks and substrate as well as green slimy algae (looks like green snot) on the rocks. I've never had that before.
Any ideas why? The radions are on longer then the mh
bulbs were, but it's a gradual power up as I'm sure most of u know. Lights start up at 9am and kills at 11pm. It's full spectrum lighting but the halides were running 14k...cud that have anything to do with it? Does algae like certain light spectrum better? I ask bc ill customize the spectrum on the radions.
Could really use some help as the issue is only getting worse!
Lastly....I pretty sure it's the lighting bc when I had the halides, I was neglecting my tank due to divorce and had pretty high trates but no algae. Now I got the trates down to below 20 and now I have Algae! Btw...been changing 10g every other day
for the last week and it doesn't seem to be helping at all.
Any help is appreciated!