Algae suppliments for snails...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattP725

Aquarium Advice Freak
Bottom line is I ordered a bulk of snails from ebay (actually 100) for my 55g... obviously these are way too many for the tank and I plan on selling off a bunch. My question is what can I suppliment the tank with to keep the snails alive until I find homes. Obviously 100 snails in a 55g won't last long on the algae already growing. Also anyone in or around NJ that wants to purchase some cheap, look me up.

My Turbos like Nori. Way more than they should.

*directs them to the massive algae that has been untouched for weeks on the front pane of glass and away from Mr. Tangs lunch-

Ya? I was kinda curious of how they would even eat nori... I do have some for my yellow tang but have never seen a snail eat solid food. They are nassarius snails btw.

Hah.. I have VIDEO of it, as well as a picture pending in my gallery..

If you PM me your email, I can send a great vid of him munching some Ulva macro algae.

He looked so sad and well.. BONDED to it, I just couldn't take it away.

Here's the picture of him getting caught red footed: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5879&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=511

Bought it for the Tang to help heal his HLLE.. well.. needless to say, I spent $60 on assorted Macros (and shipping), all which a two dollar snail found delicious.

He's lucky he didn't get removed.

Nassarius are not generally algae eaters. They consume detritus in the wild.

Mine emerge from the sand bed and start cruising around every time I feed my tank frozen brine shrimp.

HTH.

Nate

Ya my snails mug the nori clip after the fish are done. I find them on it in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom