Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Algea problems cyano and some green coming in

Ok my question is, i have done a whole check list water changes, phosphates 0ppm nitrates 0 ppm rodi water, my lights reflector was a bit shaky so i replaced modified it by using a better reflector, and more light has been bouncing back down.. Lights for 10 hours.. Looking to replace the t5 bulbs that came stock with my odysea light on actimic blue ans one daylight, but i wabt to talk about my tank placent... My tank is in a room does not recieve direct sun light, but when the door is opened it does light up the whole room, does that light effect the tank at all? Should a i move it to a more shadowi place... Keep in mind i live in pr and keeping the door shut is no option..

Willyesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't think that lighting from the door would effect the tank, I do think you could cut back on the time your tank lights are on though, that might help. Feeding less will also help and rinsing and straining the frozen cubes off prior to feeding. Most fish can be fed every other day or even every third day.

0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
FantasyReef Databases-Viewing item "10 Step Plan for Nuisance Algae Control"

Check out this Nuisance algea battle plan.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

algea, cyano

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com