Alien worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrick93

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any one ever deal with a segment worm? Any help is appreciated thanks!!!

That's my goal lol there common name is a bobbit worm and they eat corals especially sps

I read a thread (I think on Reef Central) where a guy had a 7 foot long one in his tank for years. They're pretty good at hiding and I think if they break in half they can survive and regenerate. I also saw a video of one in the wild being fed dead fish on a night dive. Scary buggers IMO.

Yikes, never heard of a bobbit worm looks pretty nasty, how big is it?

Maybe try to bait and trap it.

Rutrag said:
I read a thread (I think on Reef Central) where a guy had a 7 foot long one in his tank for years. They're pretty good at hiding and I think if they break in half they can survive and regenerate. I also saw a video of one in the wild being fed dead fish on a night dive. Scary buggers IMO.

Yeah I read they get realllllllly long lol there horrible looking

Alkane said:
Yikes, never heard of a bobbit worm looks pretty nasty, how big is it?

Maybe try to bait and trap it.

From what I saw couple inches but never seen it fully out so god knows how big it is I'm thinking of using a tube to suck out that whole area to get it

I have something like that creeping around my tank, it is tricky and cautious. Hard to see most of the time and jumps back in its hole quick. Here's a pic of its head sticking out. It's rather evil looking and from what I've seen it's at least 6 in long.

View attachment 87325

Saratj1 said:
I have something like that creeping around my tank, it is tricky and cautious. Hard to see most of the time and jumps back in its hole quick. Here's a pic of its head sticking out. It's rather evil looking and from what I've seen it's at least 6 in long.

Looks like a bobbit worn be careful they grow up to many feet some had 9 foot ones in there tank

Back
Top Bottom